WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette's only tall-ladder firetruck will be out of commission for the next ten months.
Ladder two is getting an overhaul worth more than half a million dollars.
The fire department says it's vital to make sure the truck is ready to go before several new high-rises go up in the downtown area.
It says replacing the truck would cost more than three times that amount.
In the meantime, the department says Purdue fire will be able to assist if any ladder truck is needed.
- WLFD's tall-ladder firetruck getting overhaul
- WLFD debuts new equipment
- WLFD prepares for upcoming high-rises
- LFD and WLFD recruits train together for the first time
- WLFD wraps up 2019 Autism Awareness Month partnership with Cornerstone Autism Center
- Trump signs $1.5 trillion tax overhaul into law
- Indiana House passes bill to overhaul high school diplomas
- Duke Energy proposes rate cut, credits federal tax overhaul
- Some Democrats want to completely overhaul the US government
- Old Newman Road underpass in West Lafayette to undergo overhaul