WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette man sentenced to 30 years behind bars.
Randall McGill will spend 30 years behind bars after agreeing to a plea deal Monday.
The 52-year-old man has been in the White County jail on charges of attempted murder since March. He pleaded guilty to aggravated battery.
Deborah Bloch lives next door to the woman McGill shot. She said she’s happy with the outcome. But she will never forget what she saw that day.
"I saw him standing there unloading the gun on her, so I preceded to open the door and we fought with the screen a little bit and by the time I got her she had fallen on the porch and I reached out and grabbed her and pulled her in,” said Bloch.
A memory Deborah Bloch said she can't un-see.
"When I look at the damages, you know there's bullet holes in my garage wall, in my freezer," she said.
Bloch said McGill caused chaos in her Monticello neighborhood that day in March, when he shot her neighbor multiple times.
McGill was arrested later that night at his home in West Lafayette after a four-hour standoff with police.
Although the woman's injuries were not life-threatening, Bloch knows things could have ended differently.
And she has been afraid every day since.
"My grandchildren could have been there and I wonder still, would he have cared?" Bloch asked.
Curiosity she can finally put to rest.
"I'm happy for the sentence. I was hoping for twenty plus and that's what we got."
After pleading guilty to aggravated battery, McGill will serve 30 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections.
A relief to Bloch who said she and her neighbors will sleep a little better tonight.
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Man gets 40 years for attempted murder
- Man arrested facing attempted murder charge
- Jail inmate sentenced for attempted murder
- Attempted murderer gets 64 years in prison
- WL man faces charges of intimidation and pointing a firearm
- Lafayette man found guilty of attempted murder
- Frankfort woman gets 45 year murder sentence
- Loren Gary sentenced for attempted murder of deputy