WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette's city engineer is saying goodbye after more than three years in the position.
Ed Garrison has worked with the city for about five and a half years.
He took over as city engineer when Dave Buck left in 2016.
Garrison is leaving to work for a company that specializes in design and inspections, but he's grateful for his time with the city.
"It's been great and it's a good time for me to transition out and for the next person to come in and have fun with it," he said.
Garrison's last day is Jan. 31.
The city is still searching for his replacement. In the meantime, assistant city engineer Marcus Smith will fill in.
- WL City Engineer leaving position
- WL creates new neighborhood vitality position
- New WL city hall plans progressing
- WL Sanitation asks for community's help in clearing leaves
- WL recreation center planning continues
- WL announces several road closures
- Smoking policy for WL parks could become city code
- WL and Lafayette city councils implement buffer yard ordinance
- WL student receives Indiana Homeland Security scholarship
- WL school mourns untimely loss of teacher