DANVILLE, Ill. (WLFI) — What a News 18 crew thought was going to be a typical day on the job, turned into a smashed camera and a man behind bars.
News 18 reporter Anna Darling and photojournalist Brandon Fulk were in Danville, Illinois Wednesday covering a story on the legalization of marijuana in the state, and its effects on Indiana law enforcement.
George Papoutis via Vermilion County (IL) Jail
During an interview with a liquor store owner, two customers walked into the store.
George Papoutsis was arrested for what happened next.
Little did George know, the camera was rolling the entire time.
Police caught him soon after, and he admitted to what he did. Papoutis is facing a preliminary charge of criminal damage.
You can watch the video above.
- WATCH: Man arrested after destroying WLFI camera
- WLFI History
- New surveillance cameras watch over Main Street in Lafayette
- VIDEO: WLFI Sports team looks at Arizona's offense
- WLFI to broadcast debate between Tippecanoe Co. sheriff, prosecutor candidates
- Candidates discuss future of Tippecanoe County in WLFI's primary debate
- WLFI's Kayla Sullivan expecting a bundle of joy
- Some Lafayette Comcast customers report issues receiving WLFI
- The newest WLFI member: Welcome baby Sullivan Dale Heiden
- Severe weather causes damage and delays throughout WLFI viewing area