LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Check this out! A Lafayette woman spotted a bald eagle Monday.
Heather Smith said she heard some screeching sounds on the corner of Creasy Lane and Union Street. When she looked up, she saw the bird perched on an electric tower.
The bald eagle became the emblem of the United States on June 20, 1782.
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) January 28, 2020
- WATCH: Bald eagle spotted in Lafayette
- Bald eagles nesting along Wabash River
- Neighborhood works together to rescue injured bald eagle
- Injured bald eagle gets care after eluding capture for days
- Indiana officials investigate fatal shooting of bald eagle
- New eagle cam provides view of South Bend bald eagle nest
- Tower will help reintroduce bald eagles to life in the wild
- Red fox spotted roaming a Lafayette neighborhood
- Indiana conservation officials need the public's help to find the person who fatally shot a bald eagle
- Red fox spotted again with severe mange in West Lafayette