GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Tippecanoe county partnership for water quality is looking for more volunteers to help clean up the Wabash this Saturday.
Volunteers are asked to pick up litter that surrounds the river, as well as the trails. Last year the group picked up nearly two tons of garbage, and they're expecting, even more, this year.
Storm Water Educator Ben Wegleitner said the Tippecanoe County Solid Waste District will be at the event to share tips on where to dispose of unwanted items.
"We see a lot of plastic pollution. So, you hear a lot about plastic pollution on the radio or on tv being a big global issue especially in the oceans but we see a lot of plastic pollution here in Tippecanoe County," stated Wegleitner.
The event will begin at 9:00 am at the Riverside Skate Park, and will wrap up at noon.
For more information on how to volunteer you can check their website.
- Volunteers needed for De-Trash the Wabash
- Rensselaer holiday trash schedule
- Volunteers needed at Therapeion Therapeutic Riding Center
- Food Finders needs volunteers for the summer
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Beers Across The Wabash
- Volunteers needed to help fifth-grader hang scarves downtown
- Volunteers needed to help kids read to succeed