HOWARD COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana State Police have released information and times for the visitation and funeral service in honor of a fallen trooper. Both options are open to the public.
Trooper Peter Stephan died in a car accident on Friday night when his car left the road, rolled once and hit a utility pole.
Stephan's visitation will be held on Thursday, Oct. 17 from 2 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Crossroads Community Church. The church is located at 4254 S 00 EW, Kokomo, Indiana.
The funeral service will be held on Friday, Oct. 18, at 11 a.m. at Crossroads Community Church.
The burial will take place immediately following the funeral service at the Russiaville Cemetery, located at 3801 S 775 W, Russiaville, Indiana.
According to the ISP, the procession from the church to the Russiaville Cemetery will travel north on State Road 931, west on State Road 26 and north on County Road 775W to the cemetery. The public is encouraged to line the procession route to show their gratitude and support for Trooper Stephan and his family.
ISP is asking drivers, on the day of the procession on State Road 26, to seek alternate routes of travel and cooperate with any traffic direction which may be provided in advance of the procession.
- Visitation and funeral information released for fallen trooper
- Visitation honors fallen ISP Trooper Peter Stephan
- Memorial mile dedicated to fallen trooper
- Memorial service held for fallen troopers
- ISP parks cruiser to honor fallen trooper
- ISP honors fallen trooper with memorial
- Funeral Service for Indiana State Police Trooper Peter Stephan
- Funeral arrangements set for fallen Terre Haute police officer
- More than $8,800 raised for fallen trooper's family
- Purdue releases parking information for spring commencement