KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Some people in Vincennes are criticizing a community Christmas tree that's recently become an annual tradition.
For those unfamiliar with Charlie Brown, their reaction when seeing this year's tree was 'good grief!'
It's definitely not your typical Christmas tree, but there was some inspiration behind the idea.
The 70-foot pine is reminiscent of the scrawny tree featured in the 1965 TV classic, "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
It even looks like the top is being pulled down by a large red ball.
Some people on social media are saying the tree helps remind people of the real meaning of Christmas.
Others say they like traditional trees more or that they have never seen the Charlie Brown special.
- Unique Vincennes Christmas tree gets varied reactions
- Shortage of Christmas trees nationwide
- Unique basketball game promotes teamwork
- Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sales
- Purdue Christmas tree arrives at Grand Hall
- New history center adds unique historic touches
- Lafayette Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sale helps community kids
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Purdue Memorial Union
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- LPD adds 2 new unique vehicles to fleet