WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Vietnam veterans were honored for their services in a special ceremony Monday night.
A commemorative ceremony of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War was held at the Indiana Veterans' Home.
The Daughters and Sons of the American Revolution sponsored the event. It was a way to provide a thank you for veterans.
Tippecanoe County Judge Sean Persin was the keynote speaker. He oversees the Tippecanoe County Veterans Treatment Court, which helps veterans when they get out of jail.
"That starts with treatment, jobs, housing all the basic needs that you have. We've got a team that's in place that is trying to surround them with resources needed to get their life back," said Judge Persin.
The veterans at Monday's ceremony were also presented with special certificates and pins.
- Vietnam veterans honored with special ceremony
- American Legion welcomes home Vietnam Veterans
- Purdue University honors Vietnam veterans for Memorial Day Service this year
- Veterans honored at reception, with surprise special guest
- Hoosier Vietnam Vets to be recognized in special event
- Donations needed to host free luncheon for Vietnam veterans
- 50th Anniversary 'Welcome Home' luncheon held for Vietnam-Era veterans
- Ex-Sen. Lugar honored at Indianapolis ceremony
- Weather plans for Indiana Veterans' Home Memorial Day Ceremony
- Lafayette Police Department honors its own in annual awards ceremony