TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people are dead after a three-vehicle car crash in Tippecanoe County on Friday, Oct. 18.
The deceased victims have been identified as 38-year-old David Anderson JR and his wife 31-year-old Rachel Anderson both from Wingate, IN.
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office and West Point Fire Department responded to a crash at the intersection of SR 25 S and CR 800 S just before 4:20 p.m.
The sheriff’s office reports a Lafayette 16-year-old was driving a Jeep traveling east on CR 800 S. The teen failed to stop and drove into the intersection where a semi-tractor trailer was traveling south on SR 25 S.
The semi driver has been identified as 58-year-old Jeffery Tolin of Crawfordsville. He swerved to the left attempting to avoid colliding with the Jeep. The semi then entered the lane where the Andersons’ were traveling northbound. The semi collided with the couple's Ford F-150 and they died from their injuries at the scene.
Tippecanoe County Sheriff Captain Robert Hainje said drugs and alcohol are not believed to be factors in the crash. The crash is still under investigation.
- Victims identified in fatal crash in Tippecanoe County
- Victim Identified in S.R. 26 Fatal Crash
- Victim of fatal crash on State Road 26 identified
- Tippecanoe County recognizes Crime Victims' Rights Week
- Officials release name of fatal crash victim
- Two hospitalized after crash in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Drivers identified in fatal crash on U.S. 421
- Alabama Street homicide victim identified
- Tippecanoe County raises awareness for Crime Victims' Rights Week