LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Veterans and their families were honored with a luncheon Saturday afternoon for their sacrifice and service.
The luncheon was for those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, along with veterans from across Tippecanoe County. From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., families enjoyed food provided at the National Guard Armory.
The free event was hosted by the Mary T. Klinker Veteran Resource Center.
Veteran Lee Theesfeld said this day is important because it brings a sense of community.
"It's showing that we care and we're here," Theesefeld said. "We're willing to do this and we're saying thank you."
More than 150 veterans were expected to join throughout the day.
- Veterans and families honored with luncheon in Lafayette
- Veterans appreciation luncheon happening Saturday
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- '352' Blood Drive honors West Lafayette family
- Donations needed to host free luncheon for Vietnam veterans
- 50th Anniversary 'Welcome Home' luncheon held for Vietnam-Era veterans
- United Way hosts luncheon to honor local volunteers
- Community volunteers honored at the United Way's Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- The Veterans Honor Flight is coming back to Greater Lafayette
- Vettes for Veterans drive through West Lafayette