LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Rossville High School Assistant Principal William Smith and 25-year-old Erin Schneider were injured in a crash on Veterans Memorial Parkway Friday morning, according to police. Veterans Memorial Parkway is back open.
Lt. Matt Gard said Schneider, the driver of a black Honda Accord, was critically injured. Smith, the driver of a Chevy Silverado pickup truck, had non-life threatening injuries. Both were taken to the hospital.
Chief Joe Mink with the Rossville School Corporation Police Department said Smith "will be out awhile." He said the corporation will do anything Smith needs to get him back.
A third vehicle in the crash sustained damage after swerving to miss the other cars, Lt. Matt Gard said. The driver was not injured.
The crash closed Veterans Memorial Parkway between Concord Road and Sagamore Parkway around 6:40 Friday morning. Police said it was a head-on collision after one of the vehicles cross the center line. Lt. Matt Gard was unable to say which car it was.
— Isabella Grace (@isabellagcaruso) May 10, 2019
- Rossville HS Asst. Principal, 25-year-old injured in Veterans Memorial Parkway crash
- Rossville man injured in ORV crash
- New banners for Veterans Memorial Parkway unveiled
- Part of Veterans Memorial Parkway closing today
- Rossville Principal quits job to run a CBD oil store
- Non-renewal of Clinton Prairie asst. principal's contract causes community outrage
- Rossville Farm Offering Fall Fun
- No survivors after Wisconsin-bound plane crashes near Rossville
- Multiple train cars have derailed near St Rd 38 and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Rossville man convicted on molesting charges