WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Veterans' Home is no longer accepting furniture donations due to bed bugs. Staff recently discovered two rooms infested with bed bugs.
Communications Director Emily Larimer told News 18 none of the residents reported bites. The bugs were discovered during routine room check-ups.
Larimer said she believes the bugs either came in from people or donated furniture. That's why they are stopping donations until the foreseeable future.
Larimer said the rooms were treated and the problem is now resolved. This is not the first time the home has dealt with bed bugs that they said were from donated furniture. We reported on another case back in December.
At the time, the home said they would be more selective about donations.
- Veterans' Home no longer accepting furniture donations after bed bugs found
- Bed bugs found at Veterans Home
- Cash no longer accepted at campus parking garage
- Bug distraction causes crash that closed I-65
- Veterans' Home honors those who have served
- Water main break reported at Veterans Home
- American Legion welcomes home Vietnam Veterans
- Volunteers plant trees at Indiana Veterans' Home
- Google Plus to close after bug leaks personal information
- Donations being collected to honor veterans for Wreaths Across America