LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Plans are in place for a new traffic light to go up at Main and Wallace Streets in Lafayette.
This is a new addition to the rebuilding of Loeb Stadium. It was approved at the Board of Works meeting Tuesday morning.
The new stadium will shift out into Main Street, making it hard for drivers to see. City Engineer, Jeromy Grenard, said a new traffic light should fix the issue.
The light will be coordinated with the signal at Main and Kossuth Streets.
Grenard said the city is in the process of relocating water mains and storm sewers around the stadium.
"Anything exterior to the stadium itself, we are trying to get that done before construction begins on the stadium," said Grenard.
Official construction on Loeb Stadium will begin in 2019.
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Main Street to close for Loeb Stadium renovations
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- One step closer to a new Loeb Stadium
- Local stoplight causing traffic backups
- Indy Eleven proposes $550M project including soccer stadium
- 18th St. standoff over: Four detained, including potential suspect
- Closures coming to Stadium Avenue
- September 17, 4 PM Forecast Update That Includes Some Tweaks