WASHINGTON (AP) — The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates has announced sites and dates for three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate, to be held just weeks before Election Day in 2020.
The presidential debates are set for Sept. 29 at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana; Oct. 15 at the University of Michigan, and Oct. 22 at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee.
One vice presidential debate has been scheduled, for Oct. 7 at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City.
The commission says to qualify for the debates, candidates must appear on enough state ballots to have a mathematical chance of winning a majority in the Electoral College, and have at least 15 percent support nationally in five national polls chosen in advance by the commission.
- University of Notre Dame will host first 2020 presidential debate
- Purdue softball silences Notre Dame 4-1
- Pioneer's Jack Kiser commits to Notre Dame
- No. 20 Purdue Best Notre Dame 3-1
- Ex-Notre Dame employee pleads guilty in $200,000 theft
- Notre Dame stuns Purdue baseball on walk-off homer
- Ogunbowale's heroics earn Notre Dame the women's national title
- Notre Dame to build new graduate student family housing
- Pioneer's Jack Kiser picks up offer from Notre Dame
- Federal lawsuit challenges Notre Dame's birth control rules