WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI) — After some doubts late last week about whether or not they would be able to make their fundraising goal, United Way of Greater Lafayette has just eeked out a success!
The around 90-day campaign has a goal of $5.3 million, which is its highest ever.
Wednesday, surrounded by donors and community members, the nonprofit announce it had raised $5,301,712.
The victory celebration highlighted the organization's goals.
The community campaign chair says United Way of Greater Lafayette fights for the health and education of eveyrone in the community.
He added he was blown away by the support.
"This community set forth," said Tom Murtaugh. "It really stepped forward and heard the needs for the community and opened their wallets to really help the community."
Murtaugh says regardless of what the outcome was he was happy to celeberate the contributions made to the Greater Lafayette community.
- United Way of Greater Lafayette exceeds its fundraising goal
- Greater Lafayette's growing pains
- United Way's 2017 campaign meets its $5.25M fundraising goal
- Greater Lafayette families invited to 2nd annual Superhero Fundraiser
- United Way of Greater Lafayette kicks off 2018 campaign
- Bird scooters invade Greater Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette remembers Pearl Harbor
- Greater Lafayette's hidden musical gem
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- Helping keep the Greater Lafayette community warm