Photo Gallery 1 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The United Way honored those who make a positive impact in the community.
Wednesday was the 2018 Volunteer Luncheon.
It gives non-profit organizations a chance to recognize the volunteers who make their missions possible.
Agencies invited volunteers to a special lunch at the Outpost in Lafayette and each was given a certificate of appreciation.
United Way's Director of Volunteer Engagement Amy Wood said it's important to take the time to acknowlege those who make a difference.
"Volunteerism is the heart of non-profits," she said. "They cannot exist without volunteers, and we're really, really fortunate to have a great community that we have so many caring people like you can see in the room today."
Agencies also nominated volunteers for Shining Star Awards. The special honors were also handed out at Wednesday's luncheon.
- United Way hosts luncheon to honor local volunteers
- Community volunteers honored at the United Way's Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Greater Lafayette Commerce hosts construction update luncheon
- Donations needed to host free luncheon for Vietnam veterans
- Veterans and families honored with luncheon in Lafayette
- Veterans appreciation luncheon happening Saturday
- 50th Anniversary 'Welcome Home' luncheon held for Vietnam-Era veterans
- Support for domestic violence victims and survivors at YWCA luncheon
- Local veterans return on their Honor Flight
- Local group honors Sandy Hook victims