LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — On June 6, 2019 United Steelworkers will vote to authorize a strike at Arconic. This doesn't mean a strike would start on that date. The vote just allows members to strike if necessary.
USW Local 115 President Spencer Buchanan expects all Lafayette members to vote in favor of it. There are about 750 USW in Lafayette.
"Our membership has told me that the concession stand is closed," said Buchanan. "And we expect a fair and equitable contract."
Arconic plans to split again into two separate companies. However, Buchanan says the company hasn't released details about the split.
"It's a concern because we don't know what the split means," said Buchanan. "We do not know what that means for our members, we don't know what that means for our future hires."
He is hoping to get more information soon as they plan a potential strike.
For more information, head to the USW Local 115 Facebook Page.
- Lafayette United Steelworkers plan rally outside Arconic
- United Steelworkers plan to vote to authorize a strike at Arconic
- TODAY: United Steelworkers vote to ratify new contract with Arconic
- Union workers at Arconic vote on strike
- United Steelworkers Local 115 agrees to 3 year contract with Arconic
- Arconic on Wednesday's rally: "steelworkers are free to voice their opinion"
- Arconic ends pre-Medicare retiree health coverage
- Arconic employee critical after falling 40 feet into casting pit
- IOSHA conducting safety review at Arconic after worker fall
- USW rallies outside Arconic in Lafayette for fair contract