LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police have caught a shoplifter who is accused of pulling a knife on a customer. It happened Sunday afternoon at Ulta Beauty on Creasy Lane.
A News 18 viewer sent us a video of the confrontation.
The call came into LPD around 2:40 p.m. Sunday. Police said a store manager confronted the suspect, but then he ran. Another customer then grabbed the man by the arm to stop him. That's when police said the suspect pulled a knife on the customer.
LPD caught and arrested the man in the old Marsh parking lot nearby. Police recovered the stolen items.
- Ulta Beauty shoplifter accused of pulling knife
- New partnership between Alorica and Ulta Beauty to add jobs
- Walmart suspends shoplifter rehab program
- Police investigating incident involving knife
- Woman stabs man with kitchen knife
- Walmart will end its controversial anti-shoplifting program
- Beautiful start to work week ahead
- Man accused of driving car into beauty salon arrested, detained by ICE
- No charges after officer fatally shoots knife-wielding man
- 4 hurt after knife-wielding man attacks Indianapolis crowd