TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced it will be starting a resurfacing project on U.S. 52 in Tippecanoe County on or after Monday, April 2, weather permitting.
The project includes patching and resurfacing U.S. 52 from South 30th Street in Lafayette to East C.R. 900 South, approximately seven miles southeast of Lafayette.
Patching will be completed during the daytime hours and restrict traffic in the area the contractor is working.
While the northern section of U.S. 52 in Lafayette will be resurfaced with asphalt, the southern portion of this project spanning from just north of C.R. 500 E. to C.R. 900 S. will be concrete work. During the concrete work phase, traffic will be shifted into one 11 foot lane in each direction. This work should begin around the middle of May.
Rieth-Riley Construction was awarded this contract for $10.5 million.
- U.S. 52 resurfacing will begin in April
- Road restrictions planned for US 52 resurfacing
- US 52 paving to begin Monday
- I-65 resurfacing in Boone County set to begin
- A major resurfacing project on US 52 is about to shift lanes
- 1:52 P.M. Weather Update
- $3.4 million project to begin at the end of April
- More resurface projects expected this spring and summer
- Road resurfacing becoming more efficient in West Lafayette
- Missing Disney film which predates Mickey Mouse resurfaces in Japan