LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is dead after crashing into the back of a garbage truck. He was taken to the hospital where he died. The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office has identified the man killed in a crash Tuesday afternoon as 27-year-old James Thomas Brady.
The crash happened around 2:40 p.m. and closed U.S. 52 near 900 South for hours.
Investigators say for unknown reasons, Brady tried to stop too late to avoid hitting a garbage truck.
The truck was picking up curbside trash at a home when it happened.
First responders say Brady was taken to IU hospital where he was pronounced dead from his injuries. No other injuries were reported.
The sheriff's office announced at 8:46 p.m. that the road was back open.
- Man dies after crash with a garbage truck
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Man who died after Carroll County crash identified
- Man dies following crash on I-65 in Jasper County
- Mulberry man dies after crashing car into tree
- West Lafayette man dies in Lake County crash
- Pedestrian dies in Klondike Road crash
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- Woman dies after South Street crash