LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Those behind the Needler's grocery store on Teal Road say they're no longer sure when they're going to open.
News 18 has been reaching out to Needler's since the end of April trying to get the opening date confirmed. As we previously reported, they originally said mid-April would be their target opening.
The Ohio-based grocery chain bought the Teal Road building from Marsh when it closed more than two years ago.
News 18 received this statement from Julie Anderson from Needler's:
"We appreciate the enthusiasm of shoppers in Lafayette who are wanting an independent, full-service, convenient grocery store in the Teal Road area. We're were hopeful to be able to open the store in April, but we have had to postpone due to other projects that have taken more resources than expected: both personnel and financial resources. We are a prudent organization; we don't want to overreach or overcommit ourselves without being 100% confident that we can deliver on our mission to delight customers, nourish communities, and inspire pride in our team. We take that very seriously and will open the store when we can exceed customer expectations. A new opening date has not been set, but we will communicate it once it is firmly established. We thank the Lafayette community for their patience and encouragement."
People in the community say they are tired of waiting.
"It's frustrating after a long day of work, the last thing you want to do is drive out of your way to go to the grocery store ," said Jody Stephens. "This is on my way and, you know, I would give them plenty of business."
- Uncertain open date for planned Needler's Fresh Market
- Needler's Fresh Market announces August opening date
- Needler's Fresh Market is finally open
- It’s official! Needler’s Fresh Market in Lafayette is opening this April.
- West Lafayette Fresh Thyme announces opening date
- Why hasn't Needler's opened in Lafayette yet?
- City leaders strive to keep Fresh City Market's doors open
- Future unclear for Fresh City Market's retail space
- Meijer fresh vegetable recall
- Needler's groceries to take over Teal Road Marsh location