LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A 28-year-old driver has been arrested for a Thursday evening crash that injured a Lafayette Police Officer.
Investigators said around 8:30 p.m. Armando Salazar, Jr. collided with a marked police vehicle at the intersection of McCarty Lane and Kepner Drive after the officer failed to yield the right of way.
Salazar and the officer, identified as Michael David, were both taken to the hospital.
Salazar was released and booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail about eight hours later. He's suspected of operating while intoxicated.
LPD says Officer David has also been released from the hospital.
- Driver arrested for OWI in crash with officer
- OWI arrest made in Clinton Co. crash
- OWI arrest after rollover crash in West Lafayette
- Here's what happens when you're arrested for OWI in Lafayette
- Carroll County Sheriff: OWI arrest leads to marijuana bust
- Avon police arrest 2-time Indy 500 winner Al Unser, Jr. on OWI charge
- Police arrest 7 for OWI on New Year's Eve night in Tippecanoe County
- West Lafayette driver escapes rollover crash uninjured
- Driver killed in West Point crash identified
- Driver killed in US 231 crash identified