WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Another one of Tyler Trent's goals has been reached, even after his death. The Tyler Trent Cancer Research Endowment at Purdue has now reached $1 million dollars in donations.
The Purdue Center for Cancer Research announced the milestone Wednesday. In total, his fund had $500,000 dollars given, and the Walther Cancer Foundation is matching 100-percent of every gift.
Tyler was very passionate about advocating for other people's wellness. While he spent a great deal of his time fundraising and inspiring others. Tyler also had personal goals of his own as well.
''He helps people understand that if you are committed to doing something as he was and you really continue to work to do it and approach it in a very positive manner then you'll be able to accomplish a goal.'' Says Robert Wallace Miller Director Dr. Timothy Ratliff of the Purdue Center for Cancer Research.
With over a thousand donations from around the country. The Walther Cancer Foundation matched all of the donations. Bringing the fund to a little over a million and making Tyler’s dreams come true.
Tyler’s passion for people impacted everyone. Even if he'd never met them.
''I believe that Tyler was a kind hearted person. He would give the shirt off of his back which in my opinion makes me understand that his parents did a wonderful job raising him'' Says Thomas Guzzmen housekeeper for Elite Cleaning
Even though Tyler isn't with us. He still had a plan for the future. One that will prevail for years to come
Much of the money donated has already been invested in the sarcoma research which is connected with the osteosarcoma cancer. This cancer affects the bone and causes swelling and pain.
Would u consider helping me predict one last upset? This time, it's not about football it's about life. Please consider helping me raise $1,000,000 for cancer research. PreOrder my biography today at https://t.co/n7Mb5WlRCT pic.twitter.com/2Jpd4Ltho3
— Tyler Trent �� (@theTylerTrent) December 28, 2018
Tyler died on New Year's Day after a battle with bone cancer that inspired the world.
But how about one million more? You can donate here.
- Tyler Trent's goal is reached as $1M is donated to cancer research
- Purdue Center for Cancer Research begins using Tyler Trent's donated cells for research
- Tyler Trent's Legacy
- Local business honors Tyler Trent by donating profits to cancer research
- Teeing off for Tyler Trent: Elks #143 golf outing to benefit Trent's Cancer Research Endowment
- Tyler Trent passes away following battle with bone cancer
- A spot held for Tyler Trent
- Greater Lafayette's love for Tyler Trent
- SPECIAL REPORT: 100 miles for Tyler Trent
- National Bobblehead Hall of Fame creates Tyler Trent bobblehead