WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two workers suffered minor injuries Friday afternoon at the 'Rise at Chauncey' construction site at 100 South Chauncey Avenue. According to Jeff Need Deputy Chief West Lafayette Fire Department, the workers fell after a failure occurred in a support system.
One worker was able to catch himself after a short fall, the other fell 15 to 20 feet. Both men were taken to the hospital with non-life threating injuries.
St. Louis-based Brinkmann Constructors, the project’s general contractor working on the building is conducting an internal investigation into the incident.
- Two workers involved in accident at Chauncey construction site.
- High-rise rescue at Purdue construction site
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- Developer seeks public input for Chauncey Village
- The Tap Brewery coming to Chauncey Hill
- Authorities: Truck hits construction vehicle; worker killed
- High school student breaks into WL construction site, climbs crane
- Purdue police seeking information on thefts at construction site
- Four students admit to crimes at Purdue construction site
- Take a look inside the historic homes around New Chauncey