MOROCCO, Ind. (WLFI) — Investigators are looking into a fatal crash in Newton County that happened Saturday at the intersection of County Roads 200 South and 100 East. That's about 3 miles northeast of Morocco.
According to a statement from the Newton County Sheriffs Ofice, Deputies were called there to the crash at 3:41 p.m. Saturday afternoon. A witness told investigators a truck headed west on 200 South failed to yield the right of way at the intersection of CR 100 E.
The truck hit an SUV driving south of 100 East. The SUV, driven by Wayne Day, was killed. A second person in the SUV as was airlifted to an Illinois Hospital.
The truck driver was treated for injuries at the scene.
The incident is still under investigation at this time.
- Two vehicle crash kills one in Newton County
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Body found in Newton County
- Friends mourn the loss of woman killed in Newton County
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- Semi and train collide in Newton County
- ISP Trooper catches Newton County carjacking suspect
- Second vehicle pursuit in Newton County this week ends in another arrest
- Autopsy shows carbon monoxide poisoning killed North Newton superintendent