LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police have confirmed at least two people were stabbed following an argument at the Checkerboard Tavern early Sunday morning.
Police were called to the bar on Kossuth Street at 2:15 a.m. According to police, bouncers at the bar were trying to calm a situation when Jason T. Phillips stabbed two bouncers.
According to a worker at the bar, one of the stab victims had to undergo a surgery to repair the damage and was moved to recovery Sunday morning.
Phillips was arrested and booked in the Tippecanoe County jail for battery by means of a deadly weapon.
Police said both people stabbed were taken to the hospital but they don't believe the injuries are life-threatening.
This story will be updated.
- Two bouncers stabbed at Lafayette bar early Sunday morning
- Lafayette police investigating early morning shooting
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette Police investigating a stabbing
- 2 dead in early morning shooting in Lafayette
- Two early morning armed robberies reported in West Lafayette
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- Lafayette bar owner giving out free rides
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar