KOKOMO, Ind. (WLFI) - A probation check in Kokomo led to the arrest of two people. Two Indiana State Troopers were called to an apartment at 800 East Hoffer Street Friday afternoon.
Justin Harrison and Sharitina Shepard lived inside the apartment with their eight-year-old daughter and two-year-old son. The troopers said they saw a plastic bag of meth sitting in plain sight.
During a second search, the troopers say they found heroin, meth, marijuana and other drug paraphernalia. They also found $556 in cash.
Harrison and Shepard were arrested and taken to the Howard County Jail. The two face preliminary charges of possession of methamphetamine, two counts for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a common nuisance, neglect of a dependent, possession of a hypodermic syringe, possession of heroin, and obstruction of justice. Harrison also faces an additional charge for dealing methamphetamine.
The two children were released to the care of the Howard County Division Indiana Department of Child Services.
- Two kids taken by DCS after parents busted for drugs
- Drug Bust Near Vinton Elementary
- 2 arrested after Lafayette drug bust
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- Three arrested in Attica drug bust
- Holcomb announces new DCS director
- 23 arrested in massive Grant County drug bust
- City officials share dangers officers face during spice drug bust
- LPD arrests two people after major drug and weapon bust
- 24 people facing charges after Indianapolis drug busts