BUNKER HILL, Ind. (WLFI) — Two separate death investigations by Indiana State Police have led to two inmates from the Miami Correctional Facility being charged with murder.
According to Indiana State Police, on May 19, 2019 prison inmate Richard Carrell was found dead in his cell by officials. An autopsy revealed the cause of death to be asphyxia by strangulation. After an investigation, an arrest warrant was issued for prison inmate Michael Parrish for a charge of murder. Parrish was Carrell’s cellmate at the time.
ISP released information that on June 10, 2019 prison inmate Lannie Morgan was found in his cell, not breathing. He was transported to a hospital where he later died. An autopsy revealed Morgan died of asphyxia due to smothering/occlusion of the nasal/oral cavities. After an investigation, an arrest warrant was issued for prison inmate Phillip Sadler for a charge of murder.
- Two inmates charged with separate murders
- Jail inmate found guilty of attempted murder
- Jail inmate sentenced for attempted murder
- Jail inmate faces charges for allegedly slicing another inmate's throat
- Lafayette teen charged with murder
- President Trump signs order stopping family separation
- Carroll County jail looks to charge incarcerated inmates per diem
- Murder charge filed in Indiana deputy's death
- Man arrested facing attempted murder charge