DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI)—Two thirteen-year-old girls said they are still in shock Sunday afternoon after saving a boy who was trapped under a golf cart.
The family is back at home recovering with their son in Delphi, remembering what happened Saturday night.
Darren Carr is still pulling out grass lodged in the golf cart that landed on top of his son.
His daughter Skylynn, son Zayden and niece were riding in the backyard when their cart tipped over. The side handlebar landed on Zayden's head, trapping him underneath.
"His cousin and his sister kind of lifted the golf cart up off of him and he got out," said Darren "It's amazing because it is so heavy that it took three guys to flip it over because of all the batteries."
Mother Cynaka Carr was so shocked she said she forgot how to call 911. Her niece jumped in to help, yet again.
"My daughter took her shirt off to apply pressure, she knew to do that," said Cynaka. "My niece just kept telling him to count to ten to make sure he was okay."
Carroll County authorities responded and Zayden was taken to IU Health Arnett in Lafayette. He left early Sunday morning with 22 staples and stitches. Family members spent the night huddled around him, making sure he was okay.
Cynaka said she hopes no parent ever experiences something so tragic.
"I seriously thought he was gone, it was so terrible," Cynaka said, "But he kept praying to god to give them strength to get it off and they raised the golf cart."
The family said the golf cart will be put away for now and they hope their story helps other families.
- Two girls saved boy trapped underneath golf cart
- Lafayette boy receives award for saving lives
- Indiana DNR proposing bobcat hunting, trapping season
- Indiana official opposes 2 hunting, trapping proposals
- Lafayette City Golf Tournaments continue
- West Lafayette boys, girls sweep Rensselaer Central in doubleheader
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over name change
- Cable across trail in Indianapolis may have been trap
- Locals vie for state junior golf championship
- Men's City Golf Tournament reaches final round