LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lebanon couple faces multiple charges after being found unconscious in a Lafayette restaurant booth with a 4-year-old child. Jamie Canady and Carlos Salazar were charged with Neglect of a Dependent, Possession of a Narcotic Drug, and Public Intoxication.
According to court documents, police were called to Fazoli's on State Road 26 after two people were found passed out in a booth with a small child. Both Canady and Salazar appeared to be under the influence of a narcotic, with Salazar having difficulty remaining conscious. Police say Canady admitted that her Salazar used heroin before taking the child inside.
As police questioned Salazar, he handed the officer a bag containing a crystal substance. Salazar initially said he had not used anything that day. After he was arrested, police found a baggie that positive for heroin in his wallet.
Department of Child Services was contacted to take custody of the child.
- Couple charged after being found unconscious in restaurant booth with child
- Woman revived after found with no pulse pinned at toll booth
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Man found guilty of child molestation
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Man facing child molestation charges after being found with teen in a car
- Child porn found on laptop, phone leads to charges against Lafayette man
- WL couple charged after police find heroin and marijuana