LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Two men are in the Tippecanoe County jail after being arrested for criminal confinement. The call came into the Lafayette Police Department at 2 a.m. on Thursday.
A woman was allegedly being held against her will by 29-year-old Lamar Harris and 24-year-old Jeffrey Marionneaux at a home near 15th and Kossuth Streets in Lafayette. The woman told police through the door that she wasn't being allowed to leave.
Officers then forced their way into the home. Harris was arrested for confinement, intimidation, and resisting law enforcement.
Captain Brian Phillips from LPD said Harris made threats to the victim.
Marionneaux was arrested for resisting law enforcement inside the home.
This is still being investigated. Police could not give any further information about the woman's connection to the men or why she was in the home in the first place. However, they did say that the three knew each other.
- Two arrested for alleged confinement of woman
- Lafayette man arrested for rape and criminal confinement
- Indiana prosecutor pleads guilty to confinement, battery
- Lafayette man charged with rape and criminal confinment
- Neighbors fighting proposed confined feeding operation in Montgomery County
- Woman arrested after alleged prostitution plans go wrong
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation
- Purdue professor arrested for alleged public intoxication
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing