TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Two men are behind bars after a pursuit on I-65 took police through three counties. Indiana State Police say it started around 10:20 Sunday morning on I-65 Northbound at the State Road 25 exit.
Senior Trooper Tyler Stinson was on duty in his blue unmarked Indiana State Police car. He said a white 2018 Dodge Challenger sped past him. The car clocked in at 100 miles per hour in a construction zone with a speed limit of 55 miles per hour.
The car was driven by 27-year-old Marquinn Morrison of Lafayette. As the Challenger got up alongside Trooper Stinson, He said Morrison saw the vehicle was a police car and slowed and pulled in behind Trooper Stinson. Trooper Stinson slowed to almost a stop to let Morrison pull in front and to initiate a traffic stop. Instead, Morrison took off and Trooper Stinson got chased him with his emergency lights and siren activated.
Morrison's mug shot is to the right.
The pursuit continued northbound with the vehicle traveling at times, reaching speeds of 130 mph in the construction zone where workers were working on the Wabash River Bridge at the 177-mile marker. Other troopers assisted in the pursuit as they continued through White County and entering Jasper County.
At the 201-mile marker, Morrison lost control of the Challenger and ended up rear-ending a minivan which finally disabled the Challenger. Morrison and his passenger, Tyjah Ealey, 22 of Chicago were taken into custody. Police say no one in the minivan was injured and they were able to drive away.
Morrison was arrested for resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, driving while suspended/prior, possession of marijuana, reckless driving in a work zone with workers present and operating while intoxicated.
Ealey was only charged with possession of marijuana. Both were transported to the Tippecanoe County Jail. Troopers assisting were Sergeant Sean Schaefer, Senior Trooper Jerad Foutch, Trooper Tyler Bentlage and deputies from the White County Sheriff’s Department.
Pictured Below: Ealey's mug shot and the Dodge Challenger Morrison was driving.
- Two arrested after pursuit through three counties ends in a crash
- Police arrest 3 after OnStar helps ends pursuit
- Police pursuit on US 41 ends in arrest
- High speed police pursuit over weekend ends with two arrested
- Second vehicle pursuit in Newton County this week ends in another arrest
- Kokomo Man arrested after vehicle pursuit
- Police pursuit ends after vehicle jumps railroad tracks
- Four-county police chase ends in arrest
- Indiana man charged in pursuit crash that killed 2 children
- High speed I-65 pursuit leads to an arrest