White County, Ind. (WLFI) - Two people were airlifted after a serious crash in White County.
Investigators say the driver is from Lafayette
It happened on West Shafer Drive, near County Road 225 North.
Investigators say around 3:15 pm Thursday, a car left the roadway and struck a utility pole, breaking it.
They aren't sure why the vehicle left the road.
They say the driver was Jaima Kring of Lafayette.
She and the passenger, Michael McNamara of Rensselaer, were both taken to a local hospital and then flown to Indy.
West Shafer Drive was closed for the investigation, and has since reopened.
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Eight-year-old airlifted after Tippecanoe County four-wheeler crash
- One person airlifted after tractor and car crash in Jasper County
- UPDATE: One dead in White County crash
- Woman injured in White County ORV crash
- Four-vehicle crash in Whitely County sends 2 to hospital
- I-65 southbound is back open in White County after crash
- Four people injured in Sunday morning crash in White County
- Two airlifted Saturday night in boat accident on Lake Shafer