This story has been updated.
MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — A boat carrying around five to six people Saturday night was involved in a serious accident on the North end of Lake Shafer near the intersection of West Shafer Dr. and County Rd. 800 North.
Around 9 p.m., Monticello Fire Department Water Rescue and Paramedics responded to a report of a speedboat that struck a large tree limb while traveling on the lake on Lake Shafer.
According to the Monticello Fire Department, two adult males had to be removed from the boat by rescue crews on the scene. Both of individuals were transported by Monticello Fire Department Paramedics to IU White Hospital.
The two were airlifted to IU Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis around 9:30 p.m. with critical life-threatening injuries.
A third adult patient was also treated and transported to IU White Hospital with what claimed to be non-life threatening injuries.
We will continue to update this story as it develops.
- Two airlifted Saturday night in boat accident on Lake Shafer
- People living along Lake Shafer react to boat crash
- Victims in speedboat accident on Lake Shafer identified
- Body pulled from Lake Shafer identified
- Coroner: Man pulled from Lake Shafer died accidentally
- Boaters continue to dodge floating debris in Lake Shafer
- Police say chase suspect fled into Lake Shafer
- DNR patrols Lake Shafer for safety violations over Memorial Day Weekend
- Driver of car that drove into Lake Shafer arrested on unrelated charges
- Child airlifted after wakeboarding incident on Lake Freeman