BATTLE GROUND, Ind (WLFI) —The Battle Ground Fire Department says a lawn mower may have been the source of a fire that engulfed a two-story barn.
The fire was called in just before 3:30 p.m., in the 72-hundred block of North 300 East.
First responders said the owner of the barn parked his lawn mower inside shortly after using it for a couple hours. The fire was made more dangerous by several gallons of gasoline that were being stored inside.
The owners say the barn was at least 50 years old and stored antiques, tools, and family keepsakes. Everything inside was lost, except one thing.
"Me as a firefighter for 38 years, I'm very very happy he made it out safely," said Battle Ground Fire Public Information Officer Steve Baker. "He went back in to get his pickup truck. He made it out very safely, which is our number one priority.
Battle Ground Fire requested mutual aid from Wabash Fire, Buck Creek Fire, and Brookston Fire.
Around 20-thousand gallons of water were used to combat the fire.
No one was injured.
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Battle Ground students get fired up about safety
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Boil advisory cancelled for Battle Ground residents
- Battle Ground Residents Frustrated over Damaged Sidewalks
- Battle Ground woman fights to keep peacocks on her property
- Signs will warn drivers of peacocks in Battle Ground
- Battle Ground man allegedly attacked by hired hand
- Battle Ground Intermediate School hosts annual wax museum