CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Two Frankfort men are behind bars after police found them with illegal drugs and other drug paraphernalia. Clinton County Deputies arrested Ruben Sanchez and Ernesto Bautista-Leon.
It happened Friday night around 5:50. The Sheriff's Office said it received a report of suspicious activity at a house on South Gopher Drive, near County Road 200 South. When Deputy Nick Light arrived, he found three adult men outside the house. He reported that he soon smelled marijuana.
Sergeant Joey Mitchell arrived and learned the homeowner was on house arrest. K9 Gunny detected illegal drugs inside a car on the property, according to police.
A search was done on the home, where deputies said they found marijuana, scales and baggies.
Sheriff Rich Kelly thanks those in the neighborhood who called in.
“This is another great example of the cooperation between residents and law enforcement," he said in a press release. "I am very proud of the combined efforts of Sergeant Mitchell, Deputy Light, Deputy Blackwell and Community Corrections Officer Bruce Barney. I want to encourage anyone who suspects criminal activity in his/her neighborhood to contact our TIP LINE at 765-656-TIPS (8477). If you see something, say something!”
24-year-old Sanchez faces four charges: dealing marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
27-year-old Bautista-Leon faces three charges: visiting a common nuisance, possession of marijuana and wanted on Clinton County warrant.
- Two Frankfort men arrested after deputies found drugs and drug paraphernalia
- New Investigation Drug Unit Starts in Frankfort
- Needles, paraphernalia found during Clark Co. traffic stop
- TCSO investigates drugs found in jail cell
- 2 arrested after Lafayette drug bust
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- Three arrested in Attica drug bust
- Men arrested after leading deputies on interstate chase
- City of Frankfort cracking down on drug crimes; redevelopment coming in 2020
- Lafayette man charged after drugs found in car