LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Greater Lafayette Commerce announced the winner of the 2018 Small Business of the Year Wednesday night. It was awarded to Turning Pointe Academy for the Performing Arts in West Lafayette.
The small business offers dance programs, group fitness, youth programs and piano and vocal lessons. Nine recipients were up for the award, but ultimately the GLC chose TPA because of its success and growth within the community.
Turning Pointe Owner Alisha Kuckartz says her education background has helped the business thrive and she loves being able to positively impact people's lives in the community.
"When I go to Turning Pointe everyday it doesn't feel like I am going to work," said Kuckartz. "I love it and I literally look forward to walking in the door and I see it as an opportunity to impact young people in a very positive way."
State and local leaders also attended the award presentation. They all thanked Turning Pointe Academy for what it does for the community.
- Turning Pointe Academy awarded small business of the year
- Studio b named Small Business of the Year
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette
- A small bookstore in Lafayette saw big business thanks to Small Business Saturday
- Small local businesses find this holiday season successful
- The effect of the government shutdown on small businesses
- Lafayette career academy will be completed in two years
- Indiana military academy to close after 135 years
- Turn! Turn! Turn! Cubs match double-play record vs Bucs
- Police academy offers police program to public