LAKE VILLAGE, Ind. (WLFI) — Sheriff deputies in Newton County are searching for a suspect after the driver of a truck was found shot early Sunday morning. The truck ended up driving through a mobile home, according to deputies.
The call came in just before 3 a.m. for shots fired at the Ten Oaks Mobile Home Park. That's at the intersection of State Road 10 and County Road 200 East in Lake Village.
When deputies arrived, they said a GMC Sierra pickup truck had driven into a mobile home. Deputies said the driver was still in the truck and had a gunshot wound. The driver was taken to a hospital in an unknown condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Newton County Sheriff’s Office (219) 474-5661 or the tip-line at (219) 234-7014.
We expect to learn more information Monday.
- Truck drives through home after driver found shot
- Lafayette police investigating after truck found shot up
- LPD investigating shots fired; 18 bullet holes found in home
- Truck driver left with minor injuries after semi rollover
- Bed bugs found at Veterans Home
- Body found inside Lafayette home after fire
- Woman who shot car tire found guilty of intimidation
- Two men charged after shots fired into a Lafayette home
- Truck dealership coming to Dayton
- Holloway Drive reopened after suspected drunken driver knocks down electrical pole