DAYTON, Ind. (WLFI) - The town of Dayton is starting to seem less small. A truck dealership is now expected to be built in the town and with it comes more jobs.
The McCoy Group is going to build a truck dealership that will sell new and used trucks and trailers. It will be north of Hine Drive and west of Yost Drive, just east of the I-65 ramp.
Monday night, the Dayton Council approved re-zoning the land in order for the dealership to be built there. The dealership is expected to bring 30 to 40 jobs to Dayton.
"The lot will be fenced in, the dirt will be cut down the dust because it will be a paved place," said Council Member Tyrone Taylor. All of their lighting will be facing down so no neighbors will have to complain about the lighting. It will just be a really big tax benefit for the town and will really help Dayton grow."
The developers said the project will start being built in 2020 and should be up by the end of that year.
- Truck dealership coming to Dayton
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- APC Approves Subdivision in Dayton
- Indiana auto dealerships face lawsuits over car-buying fees
- APC tables Dayton annexation re-zone
- Three women-owned businesses open in Dayton
- WL's Kyle Hazell signs with Dayton
- Dayton Elementary Opens New Makerspace Lab
- Dayton town council 3-2 split on annexation
- Dayton Town Council winner concedes election victory