LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Police are on the scene of a triple stabbing Lafayette, Friday afternoon.
According to Lt. Scott Galloway of the Lafayette Police Department, a call was received regarding a possible stabbing at around 3:04 p.m. at the 1600 block of Perdue Street.
Police say Willis Smith had multiple knives. His motive is currently unknown.
According to Galloway, Willis is believed to have been responsible for the stabbing.
Pam Smith had a minor defensive wound but refused medical attention.
Franklin France was injured and taken to the hospital.
Willis Smith was also taken to the hospital with an injury.
Police say substance abuse played a factor in the stabbings.
Watch News 18 at Five and Six for more on this story.
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette Police investigating a stabbing
- Eerie Lafayette: The story of the Tippecanoe County triple execution
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- Man identified in Lafayette apartment stabbing
- Power outages reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man has been charged in Perdue Street stabbing
- Police discuss stabbings and Lafayette's 1st homicide of 2018