LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A local organization is including families in its addiction recovery program. A representative from Trinity Life Ministries said the family is a vital piece of the healing process.
Executive Director of Trinity Life, Philip Gabriel, often asks people about the relationships they value most.
He said the answer is always the same.
"It's always been 'my family',"shared Gabriel.
Gabriel knows the men in addiction recovery programs need help, but has often wondered, who is helping their families?
"They've been run over so many times they can hardly get up. They've been manipulated, they've been lied to, they've been stolen from," said Gabriel.
Melanie Radzikowski has experienced this first-hand.
"I needed that as I was walking through with my husband there were ways that I needed to change," said Radzikowski.
When her husband was going through the program, she realized he couldn't do it alone.
In these circumstances, families have to make difficult decisions. She presented an idea to the board and now serves as Director of Family Ministry.
Family Ministry is a program that provides families with resources as their loved one goes through the recovery process.
"I think we are setting ourselves up to see those positive results," said Radzikowski.
Gabriel recognizes those results.
"They have something to prove to their loved ones and to their family that I am going to do this, you know you mean more to me than anything else," said Gabriel.
- Trinity Life Ministries includes families in addiction recovery
- Trinity Life Ministries moving to make way for new apartments
- Trinity Life Ministry opens new thrift store location
- Lafayette police collecting items for Trinity Life Mission
- Recovery Rally brings people together in support of overcoming addiction
- First recovery coach training helps prepare locals to fight addiction
- Frankfort approves funding for new addiction recovery center
- Trinity UMC celebrated its sesquicentennial
- Lafayette Urban Ministries help parents become heroes
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Winter Warming Station