LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Nearly 150 volunteers showed up to the new Crosser Softball Complex Saturday, to do some planting.
Tree Lafayette hosted its annual Arbor Day celebration at the complex. The volunteers and Tree Lafayette members planted 51 trees near the front of where the complex will soon exist. This is the 25th Anniversary
Mayor Tony Roswarski threw out a celebratory first pitch for the new facility. Tree Lafayette's Executive Director Bill Arthur said planting new trees can bring the community together.
"We realize the value of trees, trees not only add physically to our environment, but they build community as well, and we think that's important, it makes a better place to live," said Arthur.
Tree Lafayette has planted nearly 3,000 trees across the Greater Lafayette area since 1993.
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- West Lafayette Tree Friends looking for help on Arbor Day
- Preschoolers help plant trees for Arbor Day
- Crosser Softball Complex in Lafayette gets 66 new trees in honor of Arbor Day
- Tree Lafayette Plants 3000th Tree
- Trees planted near Lindberg Road in honor of National Arbor Day
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- Lafayette Citizens Band performs Memorial Day celebration
- International Overdose Awareness Day celebrated in Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette host OutFest