LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - There may have been a couple flurries falling this morning, but it was tree planting weather for Tree Lafayette earlier this morning.
Tree Lafayette met with several city legislators to plant and dedicate their 3000th tree which was planted in front of the City of Lafayette Municipal Building. The tree is a yellowwood and was handpicked by Lafayette City Forester, Tim Detzner.
The milestone tree planting is dedicated to Tree Lafayette's mission of promoting a healthy community by planting of trees. Tree Lafayette Board of Directors President, Matt Green, spoke about this mission and the importance of trees to the community.
“They provide shade, they provide oxygen, they do a lot of good things and they also increase property value. So the more trees we have in the City of Lafayette the better the quality of life will be not just environmentally but also socially.”
Tree Lafayette was established in 1993 and is celebrating its 25th year of operation.
- Tree Lafayette Plants 3000th Tree
- Preschoolers help plant trees for Arbor Day
- Volunteers plant trees at Indiana Veterans' Home
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- Insect Infestation leads to new trees being planted
- Students plant a tree to kick off Earth Day weekend
- Tree planting brings beauty and unity the Maplewood Heights neighborhood
- Lafayette Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sale helps community kids
- More trees are coming to West Lafayette this spring
- West Lafayette Tree Friends looking for help on Arbor Day