TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A good portion of our viewing area is under a travel advisory.
According to the Indiana Department of Homeland Security website, Tippecanoe, White, Newton, Warren and Fountain counties are under a travel advisory.
This is the lowest level of warning. It means that routine travel or activities may be restricted because of a hazardous situation, and individuals should use caution or avoid those areas.
Benton and Carroll counties are under a travel watch.
This means that road conditions are threatening to the safety of the public, and you should only travel in emergency situations. Emergency action plans should be implemented by businesses, schools, government agencies, and other organizations under a travel watch.
51 out of Indiana's 92 counties are currently under some level of travel advisory.
The counties in WLFI's viewing area.
- Travel advisories for the viewing area
- Travel advisories in effect for the viewing area.
- Wind Advisory
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for the area
- Amazon’s Alexa now offering Indiana travel advisories
- Photos: Strong storms cause damage across viewing area
- Wildfire History In Our Viewing Area: Part 1
- Wildfire History In Our Viewing Area: Part 2
- Baird to represent News 18 viewing area in U.S. Congress
- Severe weather causes damage and delays throughout WLFI viewing area