LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Several train cars have derailed around 2:30 p.m. near a bridge next to the intersection of St. Rd. 38 and Veterans Memorial Parkway. This is near Subaru Indiana Automotive.
Several cars are on their side with several others off the tracks.
Lafayette Mayor Tony Roswarski said Lafayette Police and fire departments do not have involvement in the clean-up process. Norfolk Southern is the railroad company in charge of the clean-up process. It has crews on scene assessing the damage and figuring out a plan.
News 18 reached out to Norfolk Southern and it has no comment at this time.
The cause of the derailment is still unknown.
News 18 also reached out to SIA to ask if the train was inbound or outbound but we have yet to hear back.
No injuries have been reported and no roads are closed.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
- Multiple train cars have derailed near St Rd 38 and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- New banners for Veterans Memorial Parkway unveiled
- 6 train cars derailed in Rockfield
- Train derailment forces evacuation of Rensselaer homes
- Clean-up continues on Rensselaer train derailment
- Amtrak train derailment: Deaths reported in Washington state crash
- 2 crew hurt when freight train derails in northern Indiana
- Derailed train bursts into flames in southwest Indiana
- HIGHLIGHTS: Twin Lakes 51, Frontier 38 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison 57, Kokomo 38 (BBB)