Freezing drizzle overnight created very slick road conditions through the morning hours. A thin glaze of ice coated several roads across the viewing area. The National Weather Service issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Benton, Newton and Jasper counties until 1 p.m. EST because of the freezing drizzle. Be prepared for slick spots this afternoon and evening, especially on sidewalks and side roads.
We have also been tracking light flurries this midday. Very light snow showers will be possible this afternoon, however, the snow chances will decrease as we approach the evening commute. Cloud cover will break up a bit with skies becoming mostly cloudy overnight. Lows will drop into the mid-20s tonight.
Warmer weather is on the way! The wind direction will shift out of the south on Thursday, which will help temperatures to gradually rise into the mid-40s. Highs will soar into the 50s Friday and Saturday. There is going to be another passing cold front on Saturday and the boundary will bring our next round of rainfall. It will also result in colder temperatures for your Sunday.
- Tracking flurries and icy conditions
- Icy conditions make for a slow commute
- Man in critical condition after fall through icy pond in northwest Tippecanoe County
- Stephenson's late flurry leads Pacers over Raptors, 107-104
- Highlights: Mathias' finishing flurry helps No. 9 Purdue rout Gophers
- Luck’s closing flurry gives Colts 27-24 victory over Miami
- Edwards’ late flurry leads Purdue past No. 23 Maryland 62-60
- Pacers use fast start, closing flurry to beat Hornets 99-90
- Icy roads cause back ups along I-65 North
- Authorities rescue 2 from log pile in icy Indiana creek