TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The Tourism Tailgate had it all Thursday evening, including live music and food.
The annual event was hosted by Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette. It was in celebration of National Tourism Week. President Jo Wade said tourism brings about four million visitors and close to $400 million to Greater Lafayette every year.
She said both numbers have a direct impact on events and attractions throughout the area.
"People are ready for good weather. They're ready to plan their summer and fall plans and a lot of people like to bring relatives and friends in or just have staycations in their own area and appreciate what they have in this area," said Wade.
The event Thursday was at the visitor center on Frontage Road, just off State Road 26 East.
- Tourism Tailgate shows off what Greater Lafayette has to offer
- Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette invites you to 2019 Tourism Tailgate
- Greater Lafayette's growing pains
- Bird scooters invade Greater Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette remembers Pearl Harbor
- Greater Lafayette's hidden musical gem
- Robotics Camp For Greater Lafayette
- Tourism is on the rise in Indiana and Greater Lafayette is seeing the benefit
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- Helping keep the Greater Lafayette community warm