WASHINGTON (WLFI) -- U.S. Senator Todd Young is focusing on policies rather than people after President Trump criticized four democratic congresswomen in a tweet Sunday.
Trump's tweets from Sunday implied the congresswomen were not natural born Americans.
The four democratic congresswomen including Ilhan Omar have since fought back.
Young told News 18, "the sentiments of those four women do not match his beliefs or the Hoosiers he represents"
He said his job is to focus on economic growth and helping create jobs.
Young added he needs to keep the policies moving.
"Times are really good and we need to continue the positive progress with respect to the economy and other fronts and that's really my point of emphasis," said Young.
The President's potential democratic challenger have been united in their criticism
- Todd Young reacts to Trump's criticism of four democratic congresswomen
- US Sen. Todd Young introduces bill to boost nursing program
- Senator Todd Young makes push to give veterans better health care
- Todd Rokita Files For US Senate
- Young Democratic Socialists of America aim to educate students
- Indiana's young Democrats bid to host national convention
- Young Democrats will meet in Indianapolis in 2019
- Todd Rokita on state tour leading up to primary election
- U.S. Representative Todd Rokita hosted Town Hall in Frankfort
- Former Congressman Todd Rokita joins Indianapolis-based Apex Solutions