DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — More than 1,000 tips have been received by Indiana State Police since Monday's announcement regarding the new face of the Delphi double homicides, according to ISP Sgt. Kim Riley. That includes 800 by email, 150 phone tips and more than 50 tips phoned directly to police agencies that are part of the task force.
Riley told News 18 that investigators have "continually went back and forth" through tips submitted from the beginning.
Investigators released a video, additional audio and a new sketch of the suspect Monday.
Indiana State Police have released a new video, sketch and audio of who they believe killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017. Read all the new information released here: https://t.co/WAQy2GPOYO pic.twitter.com/sbNXiHdnkN
— WLFI News 18 (@WLFI) April 22, 2019
State police are also asking for help locating for a vehicle parked in the old DCS office lot between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017. The office is on County Road 300 North near the Hoosier Heartland Highway.
According to ISP Superintendent Doug Carter, the suspect appears to be from, or have close links to Delphi. Carter said they believe he is between 18-40 years old.
The video released shows the man taking a few steps on the Monon High Bridge. Carter said to keep in mind that he is walking on an old railroad track and that could alter the way he walks. There was no sound to the video.
The audio released is a few seconds longer than what was initially sent out from the beginning of the investigation. The new clip ends with the initial clip where the suspect says "down the hill." According to Carter, there is just one person talking and it came from Libby's cellphone.
The girls were dropped off by a family member to walk near the Monon High Bridge on Feb. 13, 2017, but they never showed when they were supposed to be picked up. The next day, their bodies were found less than a mile upstream from where they were last seen.
Police have received thousands of tips, but none have yet to lead to an arrest in this investigation.
Investigators in Carroll County released an audio clip of who they believe is the main suspect. They say the clip and two blurry pictures were captured from Libby's phone.
A police sketch was released on July 17, just five months after their deaths. Indiana State Police said the alleged killer is 5'6 to 5'10, 180 to 220 pounds with "reddish-brown" hair. Police said the man has an unknown eye color, but "definitely not blue."
Anyone with information on the deaths of Abby and Libby should email email@example.com or call (844) 459-5786, however email is the preferred way.
- More than 1,000 tips received since Monday's update to the Delphi murders
- Delphi residents react after Monday's Delphi Homicide press conference
- More than 140 tips received in Delphi case after Dr. Phil episode
- More than 300 new tips received since one-year anniversary of Delphi teens death
- Police release the number of new tips received in Delphi homicide investigation
- Delphi hits roadblock after not receiving Community Crossings Grant
- New interview brings Delphi murders to national attention
- 'Light the Night' to remember the Delphi murders
- Delphi homicide investigation moves back to Delphi City Hall
- FBI received tip on Florida suspect but did not investigate